When: Saturday 29 April, 9am-2pm
Where: Mount Zero Warehouse, 6 Law Crt, Sunshine West
Autumn has well and truly set in, which marks the beginning of the olive harvest – so what better time could there be for another one of our Zero Waste Warehouse Markets! We've got an excellent selection of stallholders prepped for you this time, along with an exclusive opportunity to sample and purchase Mount Zero’s Early Harvest Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil (harvested the same week). If you've yet to experience the beauty of freshly pressed extra virgin olive oil, then this is an opportunity not to be missed!
We'll have all the best bulk produce to refill your empty pantries at our Zero Waste Warehouse Market, returning this Saturday 29 April from 9am-2pm at our Sunshine West warehouse.
Grab your empty containers, bottles or bags and get your fill of the best from the Mount Zero range, from our signature olives and extra virgin olive oil to pulses and grains – all free from packaging! We're happy to say that each edition of the Zero Waste Warehouse Markets diverts packaging from more than 300kg of olives and grains, and saves an estimated 1000 glass olive oil bottles – and it's all thanks to your support.
We're also thrilled to be hosting an olive-curing workshop with none other than our very own General Manager, Rich Seymour. Rich's parents, Neil and Jane Seymour started Mount Zero back in 1993, and Rich has spent much of his life developing a deep passion for everything olives. Believe us when we say, there's no better person to learn the timeless tradition of olive curing from than Rich! Participants will be taught the two main methods of natural olive curing: fermentation in brine and dry salt curing. The only thing you’ll need to bring on the day is some olives – you can either bring some foraged olives from home, or buy some freshly picked olives from us on the day Spots are limited – book your tickets here.
We'll also be joined by new and returning friends alike for our Autumn Edition – see what they'll have on offer below!
- Koji and Co. are back with your favourite miso and shio koji in bulk!
- Slow-fermented, naturally leavened sourdough loaves and delicious pastries from Wildlife Bakery in Brunswick.
- Beautiful hand-crafted soap from Icy Creek Soap, made using own Mount Zero extra virgin olive oil and essential oils.
- Locally made produce bags from Olive Made, featuring a range of beautiful materials and colour that take inspiration from the vibrant streets of Footscray.
- Certified B Corp Market Lane will be offering complimentary filter coffee, plus plenty of their ethically sourced beans will be available for sale in bulk.
We'll see you there!