Lauren Eldridge from Stokehouse
1. Sift together the plain flour, icing sugar, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, oil and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix. Once a dough starts to form, tip onto a floured bench and bring together with your hands. It will be slightly crumbly.
4. Wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 190°C.
6. Roll the pastry out to 5mm thick. Lift pieces of the dough and press into the tin, ensuring it is an even thickness and there are no gaps. Return to the fridge for another 30 minutes.
7. Cover the pastry with foil or baking paper, fill with blind baking weights or rice and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the paper and blind baking weights and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden.
9. Leave to cool before pouring in the filling.
1. Preheat oven to 150°C, fan forced.
2. Toss the macadamias in the olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Spread on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool while preparing the rest of the mixture.
3. Turn the oven up to 180°C, fan forced.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until it starts to bubble. Continue cooking while whisking until it is golden brown. Immediately transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
5. Whisk together the caster sugar, brown sugar, golden syrup and the eggs. Add in the cooled brown butter and whisk well. Stir in the roasted macadamias.
6. Pour the filling into the pre baked tart shell and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the outside is set but the centre has a slight wobble.
7. Leave to cool in the tin. Serve at room temperature.