350g Spaghettoni – durum wheat semolina
2 anchovy fillets per person
1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
chilli flakes to taste
8 turns black pepper
4 tbsp Mount Zero Frantoio extra virgin olive oil
James Kummrow, Little Wing, Serves 4
Music Recommendation: Spotify Playlist Nu Disco
1. Add enough salt to a large pot of water, until you begin to taste it, and then boil.
2. Gently warm 2 tbsp of Mount Zero Frantoio extra virgin olive oil with anchovies over low to medium heat. Move the anchovies gently to start dissolving them in the oil.
4. Cook pasta to manufacturers specifications, stirring occasionally at a rapid boil until al dente.
5. Drain quickly, reserving 125ml (approx.) of pasta water.
6. Turn off heat. Add water, pasta, and chopped parsley, along with remaining extra virgin olive oil. Gently combine.
7. Transfer entire contents into a warmed serving dish, and place in the middle of the table. Buon Appetito!
James Kummrow's pro tips:
• Don’t overheat the olive oil with the anchovies in step 2. Fresh extra virgin olive oil will lose its delicious flavour if overheated and smoking. We just want to slowly break up and dissolve the anchovy into the sauce, adding its rich, salty and savoury characters.
•Little Wing Puttanesca is cooked with pitted Mount Zero kalamata olives, lilliput capers, and garden rosemary.
• Always cook extra pasta… we all want seconds.