1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a medium bowl combine the paprika, cumin, ground coriander, dried oregano, generous pinch of salt, pepper and the olive oil to make a marinated. Add the chicken Maryland, bayleaves, lemon, capsicum, onion and garlic cloves to the bowl, stir to coat evenly in spices. Place everything into a roasting dish making sure the skin side of the chicken is facing up. Pour the chicken stock into the roasting dish, then place into the preheated oven for 45 minutes until chicken is browned and falls away from the bone when pulled with a fork. Remove the onion, capsicum, garlic and lemon and place onto a chopping board. Place the chicken into a bowl to cool slightly, reserve any liquid from the roasting dish.
3. Remove the skin from the chicken and place onto the chopping board with the roast vegetables. Remove the bones and shred the chicken. Finely chop the roasted onion, garlic, chicken skin and capsicum and add to the shredded chicken. Squeeze the juice from the lemon onto the chicken, add the olives, chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. If your mix looks a little dry add some of the reserved roasting juices. Allow to cool before filling the pie.
1. Mix the sugar and salt into the flour. Add the butter to the four and rub between your fingers to create a crumbly consistency. Mix the milk and egg together, then add to the flour mix to form a dough. Press into a disc, cover and refrigerate.
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
2. Whisk together egg wash ingredients and strain.
3. On a well floured surface cut the dough in half. Flour one of the halves and roll to 3-4mm thick. Move to the side and repeat the same process with the other half of dough. Use a dinner plate as a stencil to cut two circles from the pastry. Once cut, roll one circle a little more so it is slightly bigger but keep it in a circle shaper. Egg wash 1cm around the edge of the smaller pastry circle, this is the base. Place the base piece of pastry onto a lined baking tray.
4. Mound then press the cooked pulled chicken filling onto pastry leaving the egg washed area free. Drape the larger circle over the filling expelling any air and sealing the edge of the pastry so it sticks to the bottom layer. With your thumb and forefinger pinch the edge of the pastry around the circle so no filling will escape. Egg wash the surface of the pie, poke a hole in the top for air to escape then place into the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden and pastry is cooked through.
Serve hot with a side salad.