- 300g mayonnaise
- 20g shallots, brunoise-cut
- 20g baby capers, washed & finely chopped
- 40g cornichons, brunoise-cut
- ¼ bunch dill leaves, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 50g cornflour
- 5g baking powder
- 200g plain flour
- 100g plain flour (separate)
- 15g Trisol
- 450mL soda water
- 6 whiting/snapper fillets
- Mt Zero Pink Lake Salt with Sea Kelp
- Add the mayonnaise, capers, cornichons, shallots and dill to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Use a fine grater to zest the lemon and add to the sauce, mixing well.
- Add fine salt to taste, if needed.
- Store for up to 7 days.
- Coat fish fillets in the 100g separate plain flour. Discard this flour after fillets are floured.
- Mix all remaining dry batter ingredients.
- Add soda water and stir to combine – be very careful not to overmix.
- Dip floured fillets into soda batter one-by-one, to cover.
- Add one at a time to 180°C deep-fryer, taking care to not let the batter stick to the basket.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with Mt Zero Pink Lake Salt with Sea Kelp.