- 500g cumquats
- 250g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 300g semolina
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 130ml Mt Zero Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g marmalade
- 100g honey
- 50g water
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Boil cumquat for 1 hour to soften. (Water may need to be refilled as it evaporates.)
- Let the cumquat cool, remove seeds, blitz in blender until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and sugar, blend to combine
- Transfer to a large bowl, then whisk in egg and olive oil until combined.
- Fold in baking powder and almond meal until just combined.
- Pour into lined 20cm round cake tin and bake for 30 mins or until golden-brown. If the centre of your cake is still uncooked when the cake turns golden, cover the tin with foil until ready.
- Once cake has cooled, brush with soaking syrup.