1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil, add lentils, turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Line a tray with foil and pop 3 garlic cloves to the side. Measure out ¼ cup cooked lentils and place on your lined tray. Add a pinch of salt, cumin, coriander, a splash of olive oil and toss to coat lentils using your hands. Spread lentils out in a single layer, bake for 10-15 minutes until crunchy while the garlic roasts on the side.
4. In a food processor, add remaining lentils, olive oil, half of the lemon juice, black sesame paste and vinegar. Process until smooth. Peel the roasted garlic and add to processor along with a pinch of salt. Process and taste, adjust to your liking adding water or lemon juice and process to the thickness you desire.
5. Serve dip with crispy lentils on top and lashings of olive oil.