600g Strong Flour
15g Fine sea salt
35ml Mt Zero Extra Virgin Olive Oil
420ml Bottled spring water
10g fast action yeast
La Madre Bakery, Serves 3
1. Pour the water into an electric mixing bowl and whisk in the yeast.
2. Add the flour and mix slowly with a dough hook until ingredients have come together for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and mix on medium / fast for a further 10-15 minutes until the dough becomes silky and smooth.
4. Place the dough in a lightly oiled container, cover and prove for 60 minutes.
5. Flip the dough at 20 minutes and 40 minutes. To flip the dough fold one third back onto itself and repeat with the remaining third. Turn the dough 90° and fold it again into thirds. Replace the cover each time.
6. Place a baking stone inside the oven and turn on to 240c.
7. At the end of the proving period tip the dough onto a floured service, sprinkle with flour and divide into 3 rectangular 360g pieces and rest on a tray for 15 minutes to allow the dough to relax.
8. Gently stretch out the dough to form the Focaccia and stud with your index and middle finger 5 times down the length of the Focaccia.
9. Brush the Focaccia with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with Pink Lake Salt.
10. Carefully remove the baking stone from the oven and lift the Focaccia from the tray onto the stone. Return to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.
11. Carefully remove the stone from the oven and place the Focaccia on a wire rack to cool, brushing again with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.