1. Prepare the Brussels sprouts by removing the stalk with a pairing knife
2. Using a pairing knife make an x shaped cut into the bottom of the sprout to allow even cooking when blanched
3. Blanch the sprouts in rapidly boiling, heavily salted water for about 2 minutes depending on the size. Just until they are partially cooked.
4. Refresh in iced water.
5. Cut the sprouts in half across from top to bottom.
6. Dry the sprouts on kitchen towel.
7. In the meantime peel, dice and boil the swede in lightly salted water until soft.
8. Strain the swede and add a knob of butter to another pan.
9. On a low heat, sweat the swede in the butter without getting any colour.
10. Add a small amount of milk and bring to the simmer.
11. In a food processor or thermomix, puree the swede, adding the milk and butter until the desired consistency
12. Season the puree with salt and vinegar
13. Bring the beef fat or lard to 170’c and deep fry the blanched Brussels sprouts until golden brown and crunchy.
14. Remove from the fryer and drain on kitchen towel.
15. In a mixing bowl, place the fried sprouts, picked lemon thyme, truffled pecorino and dress with lemon oil and salt.
16. Serve on a bed of the swede puree and garnish with mustard leaf.