1. Soak the lentils overnight in water.
2. The following day, drain the lentils. Then boil the lentils until tender, drain and set aside to cool slightly.
3. On a low heat, sweat off the onion, garlic and thyme with a splash of Mount Zero Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
4. Once the onion becomes translucent and soft, add in the bay leaf, Madeira, brandy and wine and put the heat on high.
5. Allow the liquid to reduce by about 75%.
6. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter. (Make sure that it is warm for the next step.)
7. Place the lentils and onion mixture in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth. Scrape down the sides and put the blender on a low speed.
8. Slowly pour in the warm butter until combined – you might need to add a dash of hot water if the mix becomes too thick.
9. Season with Mount Zero Pink Lake Salt and pepper.
10. Transfer the mix into jars and allow to cool in the fridge. Once cool, pour a small amount of Frantoio Olive Oil on top to help preserve for up to seven days.