200g best quality dried spaghetti, I prefer Rustichella d’ Abruzzo
400g tinned whole tomatoes, I use San Marzano
1 tin (47g) Ortiz anchovies
100g Mount Zero Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved lengthways
1 birds eye chilli and 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
50g baby capers
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Flat leaf parsley to garnish, finely chopped
Pinch of dried oregano (Sicilian oregano is the best!)
- No need to add salt to this recipe, as the capers, anchovies, olives and pasta water will provide all the seasoning required.
- Adjust chilli, garlic, olive levels to your preference.
- The dried pasta is interchangeable – I use penne often.
- This dish loves olive oil. Use more if you like, just not less.
- I use a square-edged skinny wooden spoon when cooking pasta dishes in a pan – it’s great for breaking down tomatoes and scraping all the goodness off the flat surface of the frying pan.